Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Maverick Review...


Title:  Maverick
Author:  Anna Cruise
Publisher:  Mission Bay Publishing
Publication Date:  May 21st


Kellen Handler is in deep.

Ever since he can remember, he's wanted to be a professional surfer.  And he made it, rising to the top of the ranks, traveling the world and riding every break he's ever dreamed of.  His good looks and reputation for living on the edge - both in and out of the water - have made him an international superstar.  But when his best friend dies in a tragic accident, Kellen wipes out big time, spiraling so badly that everything he's worked for starts to disintegrate.

Tour officials scramble to do damage control and demand he work with a public relations company to clean up his bad boy image.  It doesn't help that the person assigned to him, Gina Bellori, has her own demons associated with the surfing world.

Against her better judgement Gina accepts the job and concentrates on repairing Kellen's tattered reputation, despite his protests and despite the pain it causes her.  With his past colliding with her present - and Kellen in the thick of it - she begins to realize that some secrets can't stay hidden.

And suddenly, Kellen Handler is no longer worried about losing his career.

He's more worried about losing his heart.

Amazon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Jesus Christ,” I said. “You're trying to choke me.”

“Stop being a baby,” Gina said. “And hold still.”

I wasn't being a baby but it was the only thing I could think of to say. Because she was standing an inch away from me, her arms around my neck, her breath blowing on my face, and the only thing I wanted to do was crush her to me.

She'd knocked on my door right at five, armed with a shirt and tie for me, wearing a dress that, the minute I saw it, I wanted to rip from her body. I'd stood there, my mouth open but if she noticed, she didn't say anything. Instead, she breezed past me, thrusting the shirt and tie in my arms as she walked by.

“Go change,” she'd said.

And I did.

She was now trying to use the tie as a noose around my neck. But I was having a hard time thinking about how uncomfortable it was. Mostly because I was trying to concentrate on keeping my dick from standing at attention while she was right there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you share your ‘happy day’ playlist with us?



Music makes me happy. Period. I always have I Heart Radio on or my ipod plugged in. A couple months ago, the radio in my car stopped working and you’d think the world had just ended. I resorted to plugging in my iphone and listening to tinny music rather than endure the silence.

So, any day that I have music is a happy day.  My favorite songs are constantly changing but these are the ones I’m currently seeking out on Sirius or have downloaded so I can listen to whenever I want.

Should Have Just Gone to Bed -- Plain White Ts. This one song inspired the plot twist for It Was Me, my newest novel. I belt it out every single time I hear it.

Still Into You -- Paramore. Heard this like a week ago and was like -- WHOA. This is a kick-ass song. Been blasting it ever since.

Cruise -- Florida Georgia Line. OK, the country version is great but the Nelly one kicks it out of the park. I loooooove this song...literally sing it at the top of my lungs. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that they sing my name over and over. “Anna Cru-uise!” Seriously. Listen for it.

22 -- Taylor Swift. I hear this and I just wanna sing and dance and be twenty-two again!  This song also has one of the best lines on the entire album: “You look like bad news, I gotta have you.” Uh huh. ‘Cuz who hasn’t fallen for that kind of guy? Again, top-of-my-lungs singing to this one.

San Francisco -- Mowglis. I don’t know what it is about this song -- the toe-tapping beat, the fun chorus -- but I crank it up every time it plays.

Restless Heart -- Matt Hires. Love the lyrics of this song and love his voice. I could totally write a book based on the story he tells here.

Mountain Sound -- Of Monsters & Men. I can’t think of a single song by them that I don’t love. This is my current favorite.

Red Hands -- Walk off the Earth. You don’t know this song? Oh. My. God. Listen to it NOW. Probably my most favorite song of the decade. So far. It is only 2013...

Check back with me in a week. I’m sure the list will change... :)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


By Kayla:

First off, I enjoyed reading Maverick. I wasn’t sure what I was going to get out of this book. Kellen seemed liked he wasn’t going to be a good guy at first and then I was like oohhhh I like him! He had a bad*** reputation but he was just hurting and needed someone to help him see he needed to talk through his emotions and Gina was there for him until she got scared.  Gina I wasn’t a very big fan of at some parts of the book but in the end I think that both Kellen and Gina were just misunderstood and Gina needed to stop running from her past and talk about it. In the end they finally made it work and I enjoyed seeing how they grew.  Anna Cruise did a great job in writing this book and I will be looking into reading some of her other books. This was a good book and I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna Cruise has been writing -- and drooling over boys -- since middle school.  Lots of years have passed but some things never change...

Her books include the best-seller IT WAS YOU (New Adult), IF I FALL (Mature YA) and MAVERICK (New Adult).  Additional titles releasing in 2013 will include a follow-up to Abby and West's story from IT WAS YOU.  Anna loves to hear from readers and authors.  Email her at authorannacruise@gmail.com.  You can also like her Facebook Page, find her on Twitter or friend her on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment