Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Shattered Ties Review...


Book Title: Shattered Ties
Author: K.A. Robinson
Date of Publication: November 12, 2013

With a former supermodel mother and a rock-and-roll legend father, Emma Preston has the best of everything. Nothing is as perfect as it seems though. After her parents divorce, she’s forced to live with her mother in a private Santa Monica community. Ignoring their parental roles, her mother becomes more focused on climbing the social ladder while her father is off on tour.  

Growing up in a trailer park with his mother, Jesse is used to people looking down on him. When his mother begs him to submit an application for a scholarship to one of Santa Monica’s top private schools, he never expects to actually get it. When he does, he is forced to attend school with a bunch of rich kids. He ignores their stares as they judge him for having tattoos and a less than impressive car. As long as he has his surfboard and the guys at the tattoo shop, he knows he can make it through.

When Jesse shows up on the first day of school, Emma can’t help but be intrigued. Her mother would never approve of Emma talking to someone so poor, but she doesn’t care because something about Jesse draws her to him.

Jesse tries to hate Emma, but he discovers that he can’t resist her. Forced to hide their relationship from Emma’s mother and everyone else around them, things start to fall apart. When Jesse’s friend, Ally, decides to interfere, things go from bad to worse.

Can they survive their first love? Or will they be left with nothing more than shattered ties?

Book 1 of a 2 book series. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Likewise. Where are you from?” Sean asked.
“Public. I’m a poor bastard.” I grinned as I watched both of their mouths hang open in shock. “Don’t act so surprised. I’m sure you knew already. I know what this whole school thinks of me.”
“Actually, I haven’t heard any poor bastard comments. I have heard a lot of the girls talking about you though,” Charles said.  
“Same here, and we hear everything. No one even pays attention to us, so we hear all the good gossip,” Sean added.
“They can keep talking. I’m not interested in rich bitches.”
I heard someone suck in a deep breath behind me. I turned to see Emma standing behind me with a hurt look in her eyes.  
“I’m assuming you heard that?” I asked.  
“I came over to see if you wanted to sit with me and my friends, but I think I have my answer.” She turned and stomped off, leaving me to feel like an ass. 
I wasn’t sure why I cared that I’d made her feel bad, but I did. I was out of my chair in a flash, hurrying after her, before I even realized what I was doing.  
“Emma, wait!” I yelled as I caught up to her.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by Glendalys:

I give this book 5 stars!!!!

When they were six they met in a sandbox.  When Jesse asked to play with Emma she said no because he was trash.  Years later Jesse in the new boy in school from the wrong side of the tracks.  Emma is a spoiled rich girl.  They meet again the first day of school except this time Emma can't resist Jesse even though she should still consider him trash.  All Jesse wants is to get good grades and a scholarship to college to make his mom happy.  He never saw Emma coming.  But their relationship is next to impossible with everyone against them.  I loved this book.  It was amazing from start to finish.  I read it in one day.  Jesse was a hot tatooed bad day who fell for Emma the spoiled rock princess.  They both fought their feelings.  But when they fell it was amazing to read.  I loved how she accepted him.  He couldnt understand how a girl like her would ever want him, but boy did she.  The only thing I didn't like was the cliffhanger ending.  I am gonna go crazy waiting to see what happens.  And even though it had a cliffhanger ending I highly recommend this book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Social Links:

Other Books by KA Robinson

Torn:

Twisted:

No comments:

Post a Comment