Monday, December 9, 2013

Breathless Review...



One look from Savannah Rae was all it took for Tate Connors to fall.

From the first moment he laid eyes on her, his world was irrevocably shaken. He’s willing to accept that his life will never be the same again, but when she has to leave for New York the distance becomes more than either of them expected.

Tate is left alone with not only an empty bed but also a thousand thoughts running through his head. Insecurities soar as he wonders if he could ever really be the kind of man Savannah deserves.

When the demons of his past continue to threaten the future he so desperately craves, Tate knows he has to make the ultimate choice. Risk destroying his relationship and his family with one life changing decision, or gamble on fate and hope the past stays exactly that…the past.



Buy Links

FOLLOW UP TO -
Just Breathe (Breathe #1) by Rachel Brookes
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1bn98kK


I took a chance and glanced up at her though heavy eyes. My regrets when it came to Sav were 
all of my doing. As I looked at my girlfriend standing opposite me, the shards of afternoon sun 
beamed through the large windows, allowing the blond of Savannah’s hair to flicker in the sunlight 
and the shimmer of her makeup to glow. Even as she looked at me like she could kill me, she still 
had absolutely no idea how sexy she looked. With eyes burning into each other, our gaze spoke a 
thousand words. I licked my lips desperately as she lifted her hand and moved it to the back of her 
skirt. Her eyes drove harder into mine as she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth in the way 
only she knew fucked with my head—the one thing she knew I couldn’t handle. Light bulbs went off 
in my head. She was playing me. Savannah didn’t hesitate; she continued her torture. I swallowed 
hard, frantically trying to control the thoughts running wildly through my mind as I heard the slow, 
agonizing sound of her zipper undoing float through the air. Pure ecstasy swarmed to my dick as she 
wiggled out of her skirt, seductively swaying her hips side to side. The skirt fell to a pile at her feet 
and she stood before me wearing nothing but red boy-leg lace panties and a crisp white button-
down shirt that sat so close to her body it was like an extra layer of skin. She stood with a look of 
ownership on her face. She was the master and I was her pussy- whipped slave boy. She took a step 
toward me, leaving the skirt on the floor behind her but still staying an arm’s length away from me. 
“I don’t understand you, Tate,” she whispered in a voice laced with intention. 

“Well you are just as frustrating.” Tate Junior strained hard against my pants, begging for his 
freedom. 

She looked at me with eyes that could set my heart on fire but then rip it to shreds, and I was 
completely and utterly under her spell. Her fingertips lingered on the buttons of her shirt, teasing 
me, drawing me further into complete ecstasy. If I didn’t get my release soon I’d be exploding in 
my pants. Her eyes didn’t falter from mine as her fingers slipped into her shirt and unfastened 
one button at a time at an excruciatingly slow rate. With each open of a button, she allowed me 
a glimpse of her perfect tits. She opened her shirt and pulled it over her shoulders, revealing a 
matching red lace bra. Fuck it! My eyes ran the length of her body, drinking her in, and finally my 
eyes drifted to her stomach. It was rounding so perfectly, and I smiled at the sight of her. She was 
torturing me. She knew exactly what she was doing—dealing out my punishment for being an 
asshole.

“Savannah, I am going to fuck you like you’ve never been fucked before.” 

My voice was scratchy and full of need. Her eyes dropped and she took in my rock-hard erection that 
was on full display. 

“You aren’t touching me, Tate.” she warned, hands on hips and shooting daggers at me, her voice 
spitting anger-filled venom. I was beyond turned on. “You storm into my life like a bull at a gate, 
you give me the best sex of my life, and you give me a baby but STILL you don’t trust me.” I couldn’t 
control my eyes from running the length of her body yet again. Her body was the best freaking 
aphrodisiac I needed. 

“I trust you, Sav. I don’t trust anyone else. I am pretty sure we have had this discussion before.”

She ran her fingers through her long blond hair and sighed in frustration. “Seriously, what do I have 
to do?”

 “You don’t have to do anything.”

 Sav rolled her eyes at me. “What? Do you need me to scream it at the top of my lungs? Do you need 
me to get a tattoo across my forehead that says ‘I’m Tate’s girl’? Seriously, Tate.”



Reviewed by Glendalys:


Just Breathe Review:

I give this book 5 stars and if there were more stars to give I would definitely give because I freaking loved this book.

Savannah moves from Australia to Los Angeles hoping for a fresh start.  She's trying to let go of the demons of her past and start a new life in place where no one knows her past mistakes.  She's a beautiful, independent, sarcastic, and feisty as hell but she's all damaged and broken.  Enter Tate.  A sexy sexy man with his own demons.  He falls for Savannah, their chemistry is amazing.  But both of them are broken and damaged and neither knows how to help the other.   I loved loved this book.  I also love Tate.  Even though he is broken and damaged and living with his own demons he loves Savannah and doesnt want her to give up on him.  Savannah lets Tate in but her demons keeps her from fully trusting him.  The book was hot, sexy and I really enjoyed reading.  I loved the other characters in the story esspecially Tate's twin sister and her boyfriend.  I cant wait for the second book in this series to come out and find out what happens to Tate and Savannah.  I would highly recommend this book to my friends.


Breathless Review:


I give this book 3 stars.

Breathless is a second book in a series.  I would not recommend it as a stand alone.  I recommend you read Just Breathe first as Breathless is a continuation of the story.  HOLY CLIFFHANGER!!!!  When I started reading this book I so totally didn't envision this ending.  Needless to say I still enjoyed the story.  Tate and Savannah are totally in love, she's pregnant with his baby but just left for a month long working trip to New York.  Tate doesn't know how to live without her.  He scared she will leave him.  His past makes him feel like he doesn't deserve her.  Everyone Savannah has loved has left her.  Her biggest fear is losing Tate.  Tate flies to New York to reassure himself and Savannah of their love but outside forces are trying to destroy them.  Will they make it?  I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was really looking foward to reading the next one.  I can honestly say I was a little disappointed.  One because of the cliffhanger ending.  I am not a patient person and now I have to wait to find out what happens.  LOL!!!  And secondly I feel like the author made Tate a little to whiney if that's even a word in my taste.  He spent the entire book complaining about how he couldn't live with Sav so far away, how he was going to loose her.  I say the story really didn't get and interesting until the very end.  I must say the sex scenes are HOT!!  Sav and Tate have some serious chemistry going on.  I would recommend this book to my friends.








Rachel Brookes is from a coastal town on the east coast of Australia where beaches, kangaroos and surfers roam free. She writes angsty love stories with a pinch of craziness, a dash of drama, a cup of romance and a spoonful of sexiness… oh and the main ingredient hot guys. 
Rachel sometimes forgets to eat, sometimes forgets to sleep and sometimes can’t remember the last time she cleaned her apartment but that’s because she is in a long term relationship with her laptop and is constantly writing. 
When she does step away from her laptop she can be found taking too many photos, making scrumptious cocktails, laughing at Adam Sandler movies and spending her time with her amazing family and friends. 
With her first novel, Just Breathe, due to be released in July 2013, her dream of releasing a book will become reality. With another three books already taking up her mind, she cannot wait to start this crazy ride.




Giveaway
-$25 Amazon Gift Card
-Swag pack from Rachel Brookes
-eBook copy of Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee
-eBook copy of Keep Me Still by Caisey Quinn
-eBook copy of The Broken by Ker Dukey
-eBook copy of Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment