Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Catch Me Review...


Title: Catch Me
Author: Claire Contreras
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance.
Release Date: November 17th, 2013


In the past, I've always been given everything I've wanted, but nothing that I truly needed. I've experienced a lot of things in my twenty-five years, everything except the one thing I want. It's the one thing that can’t be bought. It can't even be taken, it has to be given. And nobody has ever given it to me, not really anyway. 


Not until him.

Music is the center of both our lives, but as he found his place in it, I lost my way. He soared, while I spiraled down a destructive path.
I lost myself in more ways than I can count.

The ironic thing is that I didn’t realize how lost I was until he found me. 

And now that he has, I have to wonder if he'll stay around long enough to catch me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Reviewed by Erycka:


“Wolves may be ruthless, but at least they showed their loyalty by traveling in packs and sharing their prey. Sharks are blind and scout out the weak, attacking anything that’s already bleeding.”

Book hangover. It’s been awhile since this has happened. I’ve intentionally read books that wouldn’t leave me feeling. I had a hunch, but was hoping that this one would leave me unscathed. Well, let me say this; book= 1, Erycka= 0!

I tried, man I tried. But the rage within me bubbled its way up and exploded in the form of tears. Tears that fell at their own uncontrolled pace. Tears that cleansed a part of me that I thought were clean.

Words are a funny thing. They move you along, and pin you in place at the same time. They penetrate your innermost sanctum. They have the ability to inspire and encourage, and beat and break you. Claire’s words did all of this to me.

She pushed me along forcing me to continue. And there were times when I didn’t want to. It me several days to finish, not because the story was bad or poorly written, no, because I was afraid. Afraid of where she was taking me. Afraid I wouldn’t survive. I felt the sadness, pain, anguish, and joy of Brooklyn. When she stepped into her dark place, I went with her. When she questioned her sanity, I questioned right along with her. I became Brooklyn.

It isn’t often that an author can do this to me. And when it happens, I have to both applaud and loathe them. This ability is a true gift. I’m thankful Claire tapped into her deepest cavern and wrote out her depression. Because as she says in her dedication, “For you, depression- Thank you for making me somewhat of a decent writer. And also, fuck you.” In my opinion, SHE, not her depression, is an amazing writer!! She pieced together a string of words that not only formed sentences, paragraphs, and chapters; they formed a series of pictures a movie of sorts.

This is the first book I’ve read of Ms. Contreras’. I can assure you; it won’t be the last!!

Five reeling hearts!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She lives in Miami, Florida with her husband, two little boys, and three dogs. 

Her favorite past times are: daydreaming, writing, and reading. 

She has been described as a random, sarcastic, crazy girl with no filter. 

Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones or ones that will scare the daylights out of her and have her looking over her shoulder at every turn. Like I said, she's very random. 



Twitter: @ClariCon



No comments:

Post a Comment