Tuesday, December 24, 2013

What's Left of Me Review...


Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.



Reviewed by Glendalys:


I give this book 5 stars, but I really want to give it a hundred, heck maybe even a thousand.

I always hear other readers saying they have a book hangover and I never understood until now.  Whatever I read next won't compare!

This book is Aundrea's journey through life, cancer and love.  She was diagnosed at 17 and became known as the girl with cancer.  At 21 her cancer is back and she moves to live with her sister and receive treatment. She hates people taking care of her, she hates feeling helpless.  She is tired of living her life as the girl with cancer, so one night she go out to "live".  To forget for a few hours what her life has been like and what is coming in her future.  What better way to live it up then a one night stand.  Parker is hot and she is immediately drawn to him.  It's one night and she never has to see him again.  The next morning she wakes up and leaves before he notices.  What she doesn't know if that Parker isn't done with her and he isn't as far away as she thinks.  Her journey with Parker is amazing.  I have never ever read a book that is able to make me feel like I am right there with the characters, living their heartache, enjoying their happiness.  I felt like I was part of the family and everything they went through I went through.  It was like being on a roller coaster and getting on again and again.  But the ride is soooo good you never want to get off.  I cried, I laughed, I wished, I hoped and towards the end I even prayed.  I have never wanted a happily ever after for a couple as bad as I wanted it for Parker and Aundrea.  The authors ability to help us understand what someone like cancer goes through, what they live with day after day was amazing. And Parker I don't think there are enough words to describe a character like that.  He is my opinion the perfect man.  He loved her despite her illness.  He was supportive, caring, loving, compassionate I could go on and on.  And the end well let's just say I did not see that coming.  AMANDA MAXLYN god bless the talent our dear lord has given you!  Amazing book!  I highly recommend it to my friends, family and all lovers of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment