Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Spirals of Bliss Series Reviews...



"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.

And he did.

Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure.

But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other as dark secrets and temptations rise to the surface.



Reviewed by Cindy

OMG!!! 5 Amazingly Breathtaking stars

I want to start of by saying I could kick myself for not reading Arouse sooner. This book is AMAZING!! It was so great to see what happens to couples after the marriage. Once I started I just couldn’t stop reading it.

Arouse is the story of Olivia (Liv) and Dean West. It starts off with them already married. However through the course of the book we get to go back in time and see just how they meet, and fell in love. Let me tell you these two have AMAZING chemistry. This book is scorching HOT!! WOW the sex in Arouse had me fanning myself. Dean and Liv are deeply in love with each other, and that love can be felt from the pages.  However after 3 years of marriage Liv decides something that Dean is not to happy about. Having a baby.

Since the start of their relationship Liz has said she never wanted children. This is due to her past and the way she was raised by her mother. Her mother traveled around from one town to the next. Staying with different men. Liv has swore she would never be like her mother.  Most of Arouse is told in Liv’s POV so we see inside her head. Liv is so strong but in Arouse she has yet to see her strength. I LOVED her character she is such a breath of fresh air.

Dean HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I LOVE this man. DAMN, he is the absolute PERFECT husband. He just pulled at me and I found myself loving his character. Dean is a Professor so he is like the smart, sexy, alpha male. The epitome of SEXINESS!!! Now Dean does have some secrets about his past but I didn’t feel they were that bad. Even with his past I LOVED him. He could do no wrong in my eyes. However with these secrets that Dean is hiding could it be what tears this super couple apart? What happens when they discover sex isn’t everything? And what happens when they stop communicating with each other?

The storyline in Arouse is just breathtaking. Nina wrote about characters I felt a connection with. And I could also feel the connection that they had with each other. I believe everyone should read this book. I found myself having to put my kindle down and calm myself down at times. This book has it all Passion, love, lust angst, sorrow, anger. I was all over the place. I can’t wait to get started on Allure.

Cindy's Favorite Quote:

“You’re so damn strong, Liv, and you don’t even realize it. I’m the one who’s always had to show people I’m successful, an achiever, the best at everything I did. I’m the one who’s always been a goddamn egotist. A groveler. And you…you’re the first person who’s ever…Christ, Liv, sometimes the way you look at me makes me feel like I can hang the fucking moon.” – Dean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BOOK TWO IN NINA LANE'S BESTSELLING SPIRAL OF BLISS SERIES "We both want this so badly. I can feel it resonating between us like the hot pull of our first attraction, tangible and intense." 

After lies and betrayal almost destroy their marriage, Dean and Olivia West reignite their blissful passion. The medieval history professor and his cherished wife are determined to fix their mistakes and fall madly in love all over again.

Then a family crisis forces Dean back into a feud with his parents and siblings, dredging up guilt over a painful family secret. Liv and Dean have battled obstacles together before, but with bitter family conflicts now endangering their fragile intimacy, they soon must struggle with events that could damage them in ways they had never imagined.


Reviewed by Cindy:

OMG!!! I didn’t believe that Allure could be as good as Arouse. I was so wrong. Allure picks up right where Arouse leaves off. Holy smokes I am in LOVE with The Spiral Of Bliss series. I can’t get enough. Nina has a way to just pull me in and hold me there making me watch every little twist and turn with baited breath. I was such a mess while reading Allure. But I wouldn’t change it for anything. Even with all the angst and devastating heartbreak.

I am more in love with Dean and Liv’s story then ever before. I the beginning of Allure Liv is pregnant and she is hoping that it makes her and Dean a stronger couple. Dean is coming around, slowly. Dean is more protective of Liv do to the pregnancy. I am amazed by Dean’s love for his wife. He is the top of my BBF list now. Not sure how anyone could ever top him. His words just melt me. 

Dean is forced to go back home because of a family emergency. Dean doesn’t want Liv around his family because of what happened with their first meeting. Dean just wants to protect his wife and unborn child. He wants Liv’s pregnancy stress free. However Liv will NOT back down. She wants to be by her husbands side and she won’t be detoured.

From this point things just get tragically worse for this couple. While visiting his family Dean is called back to work for a meeting because of allegations against him. Liv decides to stay behind. While she is left alone with Dean’s family she goes through a DEVESTING loss. HOLY COW this scene broke me. Just tore me up. I was saddened and just wished Dean had been there with her.

Dean is just devastated by the news when he returns. He decides to with hold   his purpose in returning back home. UGH that was really the only issue I had with Dean. He was just overwhelming at times with trying to protect his wife. Can this marriage survive these terrible allegations and such a devastating loss? 

Allure is another 5  star read from Nina and certainly she will leave you wanting more. You will be OBSESSED with Dean and Liv.  They have become a couple I truly care about. Once again Allure is told from both Liv & Dean's POV and is told in past and present time. You won't be disappointed in this book. Its such a beautifully written story. Diving into issues that couples face in their marriages. I can’t wait to read Awaken. I have to see how this story ends.

Cindy's Favorite Quote:

“I’ve learned a few things about castle architecture over the years.” Liv wraps one arm around my waist. “The allure is a passage behind the parapet of a castle wall. Great for defense when the enemy is approaching. You know you’re safe on the allure.” She tucks her head beneath my chin, twining her hand with mine. “Like we’re safe with each other.”---Liv

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I love that you love me, professor.”
“I love loving you, beauty.”

Since their intense, passionate beginning, Professor Dean West and his wife Olivia have fought dark secrets and betrayal in order to save their marriage. Now reeling in the aftermath of a personal tragedy, Liv and Dean are driven further apart by a vindictive threat to Dean’s career.

Struggling to stand on her own for the first time in years, Liv is determined to defend her husband and prove herself. Then an unexpected letter dredges up old insecurities and endangers Liv’s newfound independence. As Dean fights for his professional life, he is forced to confront his worst fear when he discovers that he can’t protect his beloved wife from her own painful past.


Reviewed by Cindy:

Awaken begins wit Dean and Liv separated by over 5000 miles. Dean has gone to Italy to lead an excavation project. He was forced from his job to take a leave of absence because of a student, and remains under investigation. While Liv remains in Mirror Lake. At the end of Allure Liv tells Dean he needs to go to Italy. He doesn’t want to be separated but Liv puts up an a compelling argument. They need time apart. They are both trying to pick up the pieces of their marriage and put it back together again. Liv has decided she will be independent, she feels she has relied on her husband for far too long. Dean, has done everything in is power to protect his wife. She decides she needs to feel that she can do things on her own. That she can provide things to the marriage.  

Liv has become such a beautifully strong and loving heroine. She has become one of my favorite book heroines EVER. I felt her grow throughout this series,and her love for her husband is one in a million. Her strength just astounds me. In Awaken Liv decides to open a business with her friends. She wants to do it without her husbands help. And of course she does it.

And Dean. Professor West, never once does his love waiver for his wife. Some of the things he says *SWOON*. God he is total PERFECTION!!! I absolutely adore him. Even with everything going on with him he just melts my heart. I never tire of hearing him tell us and his wife just what she means to him.

The passionate love between Dean and Liv is one I will never forget. The way that they put everything they have into the success of their love, and marriage. Their willingness to do what is necessary for each other just blows my mind. I feel like Liv and Dean are friends of mine. Ones that I have truly grown to love and respect. I love these two and they will always be very special to me. I will never forget them! Despite all their troubles it is crystal clear how much they LOVE each other. They truly can not get enough of each other. The growth we have seen in these two characters over the course of this series has left me happily and blissfully content. Thank you Nina.  I'm still completely amazed by how hot this couple is. You would think, that after years of marriage the sizzle would fade out for them. NO WAY!!! They continue to be HOT!!! I LOVE the sexual chemistry between these two. They are quite possibly the hottest couple that I've ever meet. Real or otherwise.  And for that I praise Nina Lane's she is flippin’ AWESOME!!!

I must say I LOVED the way this series ended. Awaken gave us just what we needed. I am sad to see the series end. It was such a well written, heartfelt, powerful, gut-wrenching, beautiful story.  I gave Awaken 5 Blissfully beautiful stars. The PERFECT ending!! I LOVED the ending that The Professor and his Beauty got.


Cindy's Favorite Quote:

“My husband and I will always be two people living one life of perfect imperfection. We’ll always live here, in the place of Liv and Dean, where problems are solved and locks are opened. A place of infinite love, persistence, tenderness, passion, acceptance and forgiveness. A place where wishes are granted, dreams come true, and stories have happy endings — not because of fate or magic, but because we love each other so hard and so well.” ---Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment