Saturday, November 21, 2015

Cinderella's Dress Review...


Being a teenager during World War II is tough. Finding out you're the next keeper of the real Cinderella's dress is even tougher.

Kate simply wants to create window displays at the department store where she's working, trying to help out with the war effort. But when long-lost relatives from Poland arrive with a steamer trunk they claim holds the Cinderella's dress, life gets complicated.

Now, with a father missing in action, her new sweetheart shipped off to boot camp, and her great aunt losing her wits, Kate has to unravel the mystery before it's too late.

After all, the descendants of the wicked stepsisters will stop at nothing to get what they think they deserve.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!

There were moments I was really confused because of Elsie's illness had her so confused but I did truly enjoy this book. It is an interesting take on Cinderella. I feel like there was something I have been missing in this book but maybe it is something you learn in the next book. I wish I could have pictured the dresses in my mind as they were described but I just couldn't.

I would however recommend this book because it is unique. It follows the tale of Cinderella's dresses and their keepers and takes place during WWII time period. Kate's aunt and uncle show up on their door one day after fleeing the war with the dresses in order to protect them. They end up in Kate's care and at that point all heck breaks loose and anything could happen. All that starts crazy ends well (or at least in this case). 

I am continuing the series with Cinderella's Shoes and I can't wait to see what happens in it. I hope it is just as good as this one!

4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment