Friday, October 28, 2016

Beheld Review...


#1 New York Times bestselling YA author Alex Flinn is back with magical twists on four fairy-tale favorites, each featuring a little help from Kendra, the witch from Beastly, as she searches through cities and centuries for her lost love.

Being a powerful witch, Kendra has survived it all. Since she first beheld James over three hundred years ago, Kendra has tangled with witch hunters and wolves, helped a miller’s daughter spin straw into gold, cowered in London as German bombs fell, and lived through who knows how many shipwrecks. But her powers have limits, and immortality can be lonely. Kendra isn’t ready to stop searching for the warlock she had met centuries ago.

With the help of her magic mirror, Kendra will travel the world to reconnect with her lost love—and, of course, she can’t help but play a hand in a few more stories along the way.

Featuring retellings of favorite fairy tales such as Little Red Riding HoodRumpelstiltskinEast of the Sun and West of the Moon, and The Ugly Duckling, Alex Flinn’s latest young adult novel, Beheld, is fresh fairy-tale fun from beginning to end.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!

Kendra is a witch who has been around for a long, long time.  This book covers some of the people she has helped bring together.  Each story is a retelling of a fairy tale. 
 
I truly enjoyed this book.  The only other book in the Kendra Chronicles that I have read is Beastly and that was because I wanted to watch the movie.  I have had my eye on other books in the series but haven’t really had the chance to pick them up.  So when I got my hands on this book and with it being Halloween I figured I would go for it.
 
It is a  stand-alone book within the Kendra Chronicles.  I loved the fairy tale retellings in this book.  I enjoyed the plots and characters.  There were a couple stories that moved a bit slower and some that moved a bit faster.  All in all it was a good book and I look forward to reading more books in the series!

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment