Friday, October 14, 2016

Caraval Review...


Before you enter the world of Caraval, you must remember that it’s all a game . . .

Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their ruthless father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the legendary, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

Then, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation to Caraval finally arrives. So, Tella enlists a mysterious sailor’s help to whisk Scarlett away to this year’s show. But as soon as the trio arrives, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nonetheless soon becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with her sister, with Legend, and with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

This book started out kind of slow in my opinion but it definitely ended with a bang.  It is a book that I plan to buy when it is released in January for sure.

Scarlett wants nothing more than to distance herself and her sister from her abusive father so every year she writes a letter to Legend the master of Caraval to get tickets to his performance.  Legend has magic once a year to put on his performance.  When Scarlett's engagement is announced she finally receives her tickets to Caraval.  But is everything as it seems?  Can the sisters make it through the event alive and together?  Will their father catch up to them?  Will their truths finally come out?  Will they find out what they are made of?

I truly enjoyed this book.  I struggled in the beginning because I didn't feel that I was connecting with the characters.  But as we got to know Scarlett (after she arrives at Caraval) I felt that the book picked up the pace.  I enjoyed the performers within Caraval and the things they take as payment throughout the event.  The plot of this book blew me away.  I am sure there are similar books out there but I have not read or heard of them so I am in love with the idea.  The characters were fun, adventurous and all extremely different.  The flow and pace started out slow and choppy but once you reach Caraval the flow and pace work well together and it is perfect.

I honestly cannot wait for this book to be released so that everybody can enjoy it as well.  It is an adventure that I think everybody will absolutely love and enjoy.  An amazing read!  I look forward to reading more by this author.  She has a unique and fun writing style and amazing story telling skills.

5 outstanding stars!

This book is slated for publication on January 31st, 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment