Sunday, November 20, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Audio Book Review...


A mysterious island.

An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

So after reading the graphic novel the audiobook version of this book came into the library for me.  I wanted to watch the movie but wanted to read the full book before I did so because a graphic novel simply can’t cover everything in the book or it would be longer than the book.  Anyways if you haven’t read the book it follows a boy who for a long time thought his grandfather was telling him fairy tales.  He eventually finds out that the stories were true and that he was a part of their world as well.
 
I loved the narrator of this book.  He did an amazing job and I truly felt like I was a part of the story.  The characters felt alive and real.  The plot was fun and unique.  I truly enjoyed this audiobook and the book itself.  One day I plan to read the actual book but right now that is not an option due to other things that take up my time on a daily basis.
 
Between the authors writing and the narrator this is a book that captivated me like nothing I’ve read before. 
 
5 looping stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment