Thursday, November 24, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Graphic Novel Review...


When Jacob Portman was a boy, his grandfather regaled him with stories of his fantastic life at Miss Peregrine's home during the Second World War, even sharing photos of the remarkable children with whom he resided. As Jacob grew up, though, he decided that these photos were obvious fakes, simple forgeries designed to stir his youthful imagination. Or were they...?

Following his grandfather's death - a scene Jacob literally couldn't believe with his own eyes - the sixteen-year-old boy embarks on a mission to disentangle fact from fiction in his grandfather's tall tales. But even his grandfather's elaborate yarns couldn't prepare Jacob for the eccentricities he will discover at Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children!

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!

I have heard great things about this series and wanted to read the book before seeing the movie as I heard they were similar yet different.  I wasn't able to get my hands on the novel or the audio book right away so I started with the graphic novel.

Holy crap is the art work in this book amazing or what.  I love graphic novels, especially when they can wow me with the art like this one did.  It is truly awe worthy, I mean look at this cover.  Then the story was just amazing as well.  I can honestly say that I can't wait to get my hands on the actual book or audio book but I feel that this book did a great job at conveying all the most important parts of the novel.

I loved the layout, the art work and the writing of this book.  Once I started I couldn't put it down.  This was a great beginning to a magical world and I absolutely can't wait to continue getting to know the world and the characters in this format.

5 peculiar stars

No comments:

Post a Comment