Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Troublemaker Graphic Novel Review...


Narrator Alex Barnaby 30 and NASCAR driver Sam Hooker fight crime the only way they know how - leaving a trail of chaos. Hooker's friends Rosa and Felicia call for help. To find a missing man, Alex and Sam go deep into the underbelly of Miami, survive Petro Voodoo, explosions, gift- wrapped body parts, a deadly swamp chase, and Hooker's mom.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!

So I picked up this book up because I am a MEGA Janet Evanovich fan, especially her Stephanie Plum series (a review for #23 will be up shortly after it's release).  I had thought this was the first book in a series but it is actually third in the series but the first book in the set.  That being said I was definitely a little bit lost through out this book.  Then it totally leaves off with a cliff hanger so that you absolutely want to continue.  Now I just have to find the rest of them in order to continue as this is the only one the library system had.

All that being said, I loved the art work and the general story of the book.  The general character outline has me wanting to go back and read the novels based around them, so I can get to know them better.  I was slightly disappointed with the lack of comedy in this book.  It had it's moments but it was no Stephanie Plum book that is for sure.

All in all I found the art and story good.  The comedy affect was lacking for an Evanovich book.  Oh and it ends with a cliffhanger so make sure you have access to the whole set before starting.

3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment