Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A Monster Calls Review...


The monster showed up after midnight. As they do.

But it isn’t the monster Conor’s been expecting. He’s been expecting the one from his nightmare, the one he’s had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments, the one with the darkness and the wind and the screaming…

This monster is something different, though. Something ancient, something wild. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor.

It wants the truth.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW...

I had heard great things about this book earlier this year but couldn’t bring myself to read it.  I saw it at Wal-Mart one day recently and bought it, I’m glad I did however.
 
This book follows Connor as he struggles to cope with the inevitable death of his mother.  In coping with this he indivertibly calls the monster, but is it really a monster.  The monster comes multiple times and tells stories about people from his past walkings.  Can the monster help Connor cope with the many changes in his future in time?
 
This book was well worth the read and I am glad that I waited to read it once some of the hype died down.  I always find that if a book is really popular at the time that I don’t like it as much.  The artwork is just wow, it left me speechless.  The story was amazing and well told.  The characters were portrayed well and were unique.  I couldn’t put the book down any chance I had to read.
 
I enjoyed the book and look forward to watching the movie soon to see how differently they are portrayed.  I look forward to enjoying more books by the author one day.
 
4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment