Friday, June 9, 2017

Heartless Review...


Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland and a favorite of the unmarried King, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, she wants to open a shop and create delectable pastries. But for her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for a woman who could be a queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the King’s marriage proposal, she meets handsome and mysterious Jest. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into a secret courtship.

Cath is determined to choose her own destiny. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

I struggled with this book but not because it wasn’t good.  I struggled with it because I started it at a bad time.  I started it back in January and it took me a month to get half way through it because there was a ton going in life.  But at the end of April I picked it back up and started from where I left off with no problem.  There were several times over the last few months that I wanted to pick it up again but there were other books I needed to get through first so I had kept the story going in my head and tried to guess what would happen next.
 
Anyways, this is an amazing retelling/prequel of Alice In Wonderland.  It tells the story of how the Queen of Hearts became the way she was.  However, she seems like a normal person until the very end of the book.  The characters were fun and full of life.  I loved the Hatter, Haigha and Jest the most.  They are the comedic relief of this book to say the least.
 
This was the first book I finished by Marissa Meyer and I can’t wait to pick up her Lunar series again.  She is a unique author who creates amazing retellings.  Retellings are among my favorite things to read.
 
Needless to say I highly recommend this book to anybody.  It is a great tale mixing several retellings into one.  The main one is of course Alice in Wonderland but if you pay close attention there are multiple nursery rhymes and even Poe’s The Raven.  It is such a unique book with so many unique characters.
 
Great read!
 
4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment