Thursday, October 19, 2017

Amber's Muse Review...


Sometimes it’s the person you least expect who can satisfy all your desires.

By day Amber’s a librarian, and by night she hides away writing erotic romance novels. She has just one problem—not enough sexual experience to pull from. A recent steamy dream leaves Amber wondering if her neighbor Jax might be just the guy who can help her. He seems almost perfect to use as a sexual guinea pig, especially since she doesn’t have to worry about falling in love with him.

Jax has lived next door to Amber for a year and has tried everything he can think of to get her to notice him, but it hasn’t worked. Until recently. When Amber approaches him asking for his help, he’s ready to jump on board. When he learns exactly what kind of help she needs, he’s definitely willing.

Becoming involved with someone like Jax simply isn’t an option for Amber. He barely works, can’t manage his money, and has no ambition in life. So why does he suddenly seem so right for her?

Content Warning: explicit sex


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

I love Lacey’s writing but I was expecting more. 

Amber is a librarian and almost every night her neighbor Jax comes in to use the internet last minute.  Amber is also a writer and while she wants to write a more erotic book she has no experience and doesn’t think she can make it realistic.  That is how the deal is struck between these two.  But will their deal become something more or will Amber find out the truth Jax is hiding from her?

I enjoyed the book because I was a librarian/writer for six years.  Like I said before I was expecting more.  I was just getting into the story when it ended.  The characters were interesting but I feel like they could have been developed a little more with a longer story.  The plot was good too.  I think my big problem is that any book that Lacey writes in never long enough for me.  I always want more and this one left me with the same feeling!  It could have developed into something so much more than it is!

4 musing stars

No comments:

Post a Comment