Sunday, October 22, 2017

Hard Ball Review...


Perfect ass.

Perfect arms.

Perfect swagger.

They call Dash Wallace the Diamond King.

He’s the hottest commodity in baseball and in the bedroom.

When he runs the bases, every woman’s eyes are glued to his stunning body and a smile that puts the night lights to shame.

I’m no queen. I’m a regular girl with a regular job. I just watch him on TV and from the bleachers, season after season.

Girls like me grab a guy like that one in a million times.

My number just came up, and he is as spectacular in bed as he is on the field.

But there’s not a woman in the world who can distract Dash Wallace from the game. Not for a moment. Not even me.

Until the night I do. And everything changes.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

Vivian is a librarian at a school that has a lot of underprivileged kids.  After a break up she is back living with her step father who is struggling health wise.  But when the kids get to go on a field trip to meet local baseball stars she goes as a chaperone.  What she doesn’t expect is for the player she is crushing on to be an absolute jerk.  She also expects to never see him again.  Dash is a well-known ball player who is almost never caught on camera.  He has a strict regime and it is to the point of OCD.  He feels that he can’t win a game without his special items.  So when his special glove goes missing after the field trip he is forced to see Vivian again.  With a rocky start like this things can only get better right?  Can Vivian get over her past and let somebody be her future?  Can Dash find new rituals that get him through the games?  Can these two make each other better in the long run?

I loved the dynamic between the two characters.  I mean Dash is the quintessential jerky jock when we first meet him, or is he just playing a part.  I loved watching these two characters grow.  It was well written and well thought out.  I truly enjoyed watching this story unfold and for a while I kind of disliked Dash but he seemed to catch onto what she needed after a little while.  If you are into sports related books then this one should be on your list.  I look forward to reading more by this author.

4 balling stars

No comments:

Post a Comment