Friday, October 20, 2017

The Mother Road Review...


Never in a million years would I have pictured myself as an axe-wielding, dragon lady, chopping up multi-colored flannel shirts into my very own plaid mulch. But here I am, chopping away my frustrations.


It all started when my brother, Paul, convinced me to go on one last family road trip across the Mother Road with him and my dad.. Just like old times, right? Wrong. What Paul fails to mention is his best man, Porter, will be joining us, who just so happens to be my childhood crush and the man who broke my heart four years ago. 



What is supposed to be a fun, family bonding experience across Route 66 turns into a war of pranks, awkward moments and bathrooms full of dirty flannel shirts and day old beard clippings. Paul’s know-it-all attitude and Porter’s devilish charm brings me to the brink of my sanity on my seven day trek across the United States with three bearded men in a small 1980’s RV.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

Ah The Mother Road…if you need a good laugh then look no further.

So this was a re-read (technically a re-listen) and I loved every second of the strange things that come out of these characters mouths or their actions.  It revolves around a family who wants to take one last trip cross country in honor of their mother before Paul (the brother) gets married.  So they pick ____ up in California to start the trip in Taisy (their RV).  Not long after the start of the trip the man who ripped her heart out is picked up along the side of the road to join them on the return trip.  There are a lot of great moments in this book and a ton of unique and interesting facts that nobody really wants to know about disturbing things.  Hilarious analogies, pranks and oh so much more.  But can Porter win the girl he left behind four years ago back?  Can she forgive him when she learns the truth?  Will they both get their dreams in the end?

While this book and the characters are downright hilarious, the end is immensely sweet and touching.  So throughout the book you are laughing yourself to tears but then the last couple chapters you are actually in tears because it is so sweet and touching.  But somehow it works and I don’t understand how it does.  I still have yet to look into more books by the author but I look forward to the next one I get the chance to read because she is amazing at what she does.  This is entire book is worth reading over and over again and I am so glad that I added it to my Audible collection.  The narrators did an amazing job at portraying these characters. 

I still think the best part is the President names as swear words.  It is just so unique.  I look forward to another re-read of this book in the future and one day hope to travel to some of the places they stopped at throughout the book.  Maybe I will read the book over and over while taking a trip down the Mother Road one day...who knows.

5 hilarious stars

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

Miscellaneous

So I have also created a line of items for my store based around this book and I wanted to share them with you.  I don't have everything photographed yet or finished in some cases.  The collection will include: wine glass charms, various bracelets, bookmarks and keychains.  You may find some earring sets as well.

You can shop the store by visiting: 



and these items can be found under the PassionFlix section of the store along with many others.  I am still working on several other books that are slated to hit PassionFlix at some point.  So check back often to see what pops up in the different sections.


The Mother Road Keychain


The Mother Road Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment