Saturday, November 18, 2017

Caught Review...


17 year-old Haley McWaid is a good girl, the pride of her suburban New Jersey family, captain of the lacrosse team, headed off to college next year with all the hopes and dreams her doting parents can pin on her. Which is why, when her mother wakes one morning to find that Haley never came home the night before, and three months quickly pass without word from the girl, the community assumes the worst.

Wendy Tynes is a reporter on a mission, to identify and bring down sexual predators via elaborate—and nationally televised—sting operations. Working with local police on her news program Caught in the Act, Wendy and her team have publicly shamed dozens of men by the time she encounters her latest target. Dan Mercer is a social worker known as a friend to troubled teens, but his story soon becomes more complicated than Wendy could have imagined.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!

So this review is a long time coming.  I finished the book a few weeks ago but can honestly say that I still have very mixed feelings about it.  

So you start the book reading about Dan Mercer and his downfall.  Then the first chapter starts talking about missing girl Haley McWaid.  It is all very, very confusing.  I was intrigued that I never would have guessed what happened to either character.  The story telling eventually started to intertwine and make sense and I enjoyed the characters.

The plot no matter how convoluted was a very interesting one.  I liked most of the characters but there were a lot of them so it could get difficult to follow who was who at times.  I did not feel like the book flowed well at all.  It was just a lot of information thrown at you in the wrong order.  But it does keep you guessing until the absolute last second.

The biggest issue I had with the book was the grammatical and bad tense errors.  I feel like the book needed several proofreaders because there were a lot of these issues left in the book.

All in all it was a good story.  I don't know if I would read anything else by this author but I can't say that I wouldn't.  It isn't in my normal preferred genre but when my co-worker handed it to me and told me to give it a shot I did.  I'm still on the edge when it comes to Coben's writing which is why I would most likely try something else.  If you have any suggestions I should try then feel free to leave a comment and I will look into them.

3 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment