Saturday, November 4, 2017

No Turning Back Review...




After a horrific breakup with Dylan Sloan, the bad boy of the Dixon High Swim team, Charley Rice loses the confident swimmer she once was. Her best friend, Cash Montgomery is the only one who truly knows what happened that night and is a constant source of strength. After a summer of questioning who she wants to be, Charley decides to put the past behind and leave the small town of Grassy Pond to stand on her own two feet again. 



While Charley is living her life to the fullest at college she meets Joe Olsen and falls head over heels. But one letter is about to change everything and this time Cash isn’t there to help her. Will she be able to escape her past and on her own? Will she run home to Cash? Or will she find comfort in the arms of Joe?


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!!

I was so excited to read this book after falling in love with another book by this author.  I feel a little let down though.  I felt like the book moved entirely too slowly.  I don’t know that the pace could have changed much though and still got the point across about these characters.  The characters were well thought out and were easily fallen in love with.  Joe and Cash are swoon-worthy.  I also had issues with the plot.  I understand what happened to her and why she acted the way she did but I also felt like there were gaps in the story in the beginning and you never get the answers.  I don’t remember reading anything about Cash and Charley dating in the beginning, it says they hung out a lot but nothing more.  Yet later in the book it talks about how they dated and he would wait for her to come back to him.  There were a lot of small inconsistencies like that throughout the book.  I struggled to get into it but I didn’t give up on it.
Not gonna lie I am iffy on whether I would continue the series but since it ends on a major cliffhanger I’m just kind of here saying “WTF just happened”.  Kind of wishing I had just given up because now I’m in a spot where I move forward and hope that the books pick up the pace and have more consistency or sitting on the edge of this cliff trying to figure out what happens now.  I mean the last two pages of the book were the best part of the whole thing.  I feel like it was too much build up to just be left hanging like that. 
All in all it was a decent book and with a bit of work it could be an amazing book.  I guess time will tell if I jump in and continue to see what is on the other side of that cliff we’re dangling from. 
3 losing stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment